Monday 18 July 2016

The Good News that Wasn't Really

Today was the day that I went back for an MRI to check the last MRI biopsy had got all the right tissue, the stuff that had come back clear. They’d know because they'd be able to see the impact of the biopsy in that area. If they weren’t sure they had got it all, they were going to re biopsy. So first an MRI, then a reading of the images and then set up for the biopsy. I maintain my awe at the radiologists being able to biopsy under the MRI, it is really difficult and really clever. It is also really painful so I wasn’t really looking forward to it. 

The MRI confirmed that the area they had tried to biopsy last week under the MRI had not been biopsied. It was all still there, and all looking a tad worrying, so clear means nothing. 

Fast forward and everyone is having a quick chat in the corridor …. The biopsy needle hadn’t charged despite being on charger all weekend, the manufacturer is going to fix it tomorrow, I am back on Thursday. This is all good and fine but means I won’t have results back in time for seeing the Dr on Friday when surgery type was going to be discussed and confirmed. Dr is then on her holibobs. I will get result from another Dr next Thursday. Given there has been nothing straightforward about any of this, and it’s made my Dr’s head hurt, this does not make me happy. 

I am not someone who takes pride in being complicated, or who wants to scare anyone about how this can be so complicated, I just have dense lumpy tissue which makes cancer hard to detect. Mamograms show up most cancers so it isn’t this hard for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment