Tuesday 30 August 2016

& it was all pants ...

My news was really pants. I was prepared for the worst so am fine, but not talking to anyone yet. Everything they had seen on the MRI was taken out during my op and tested post surgery, it was all cancer. I kind of lost count of everything but there was a lot. So there’s more surgery, and chemo, and there’s likely to be radiation although that isn’t definite yet. Have opted for chemo before surgery, current thinking is 6 x 3 weekly cycles and it will start in a week or two. I will know for sure tomorrow after oncology. I also can’t drive for about 10 more days because of the bit that’s unstitched, which is being re-stitched on Monday.
The nurse drove me mad again today. She was redressing the bit that was unstitched after the doctor had checked the wound healing so I was held captive, and I do realise I might sound very uncharitable because she is trying to help, but I just didn’t want to talk to her. She told me she thought I had the right constitution to get through this, which is ridiculous because I’d just told her how low I was feeling. Maybe I do have the right constitution, whatever that means, but it isn’t like anyone has any choice about getting through this. She also laughed about me working again; I’m doing the couple of weeks between surgery and chemo so that I have a bit of income in September and a focus on something other than cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment