Monday 5 September 2016

Stitched & Sore

I was back at hospital today for the wound to be restitched where it had come unstitched. I'd had visions of me in a little room being swabbed with saline, a bit of local anaesthetic and a couple of stitches. It was rather more than that, I was gowned, in decompression socks and covered in monitors and drapes in theatre. I'd been given a 1pm appointment, I'm not driving yet, and there weren't many people around today except OH. When they rang and asked me to come in at 11am, they seemed nonplussed that I didn't know if I could. It all worked out but I didn't know until I asked OH because I didn't know where he was or what he was doing. It quickly became clear that being called in early didn't mean that they were going to see me early or I would be leaving early, so sent OH back to work, good job too as I wasn't out till 3.30pm. I had asked how long it would take, but was given the procedure time, so all the prep and recovery was missed out. I had to wait to be discharged as temperature and heart rate were a bit high but I wasn't bleeding a lot which was what everyone was most worried about. OH came to pick me up when I was ready, stitches out next week, but should be able to drive myself then. It all went v well except they had to move the battered and bruised part of me out of the way quite forcefully to do their work today. I am in post op pain zone now the local has worn off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment