Wednesday 7 September 2016

The Wonders of Genes

Today I filled in a huge big form about family history because there is some and because there is some I have been referred to genetics. They don't always give you an appointment, they sometimes give you the big long form first, but they have me so they must think something about what they know already. Filling in the form, I had to check some stuff out about family history with my family today, and seeing it in black and white was quite hard hitting. It was a bit like the time someone at the Royal Marsden family history clinic asked me if that person was still alive, idiotically it was the first time I had ever considered they might not be. I'm sure you can work this out but I am being vague because the blog is about me and that bit is about someone else. I'm not expecting genetics to be particularly interested in me, there are some criteria, and I think they will punch my data into some kind of predicator tool to see if I meet that. It would just be reassuring in some ways to find out something about ovarian cancer, if there is likely to be a link between the two cancers for me, and to do something about that... 

No comments:

Post a Comment