Thursday 29 September 2016

The Other Things That Happen


I waited for the menopausal side effects of Tamoxifen but they never happened, unless you count early waking, but hard to know if that was just the brain working overtime. Now we await the menopausal side effects of chemo, they are immediate. If you are pre menopausal it can all reverse after treatment and people can have babies etc. It also means you can have a chemically induced menopause and then have it all again naturally... Hoping if I go straight back on Tamoxifen after chemo I'd avoid the double whammy. In the meantime the place I see the impact most is in my face, just because we have to look at that every day in the mirror. I very suddenly have some fine lines that weren't there before, the oestrogen feeding my cancer has been zapped, and so has my face. 


In other news, my hair is starting to fall out. It started a couple of days ago. My hair has always moulted in large quantities, my car can be carpeted with it if it goes too long without cleaning. Sat here typing this, there is even more than normal, it is not falling into my lap. I'm practicing with the wig anyway so shall bung that on today. People are doing a double take on the doorstep because I had a pre chemo short hair cut and wig is long. 
It also looks like me when I've just left the hairdressers which is not what I look like on a daily basis.Anyone who met me for the first time today might think I was groomed with hair done and painted nails because that stops the UV light and lessens the chances of them falling off. Well except that nails are chipped. I worked the wig yesterday and it felt fine, although it did kind of slip off towards the end of the day which is going to worry me about security in the windy rainy winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment